Saturday, October 1, 2016

The lazy blogger

It's been a while. Again. Not a lot to report cuz I've been driving the Scout more than working on it. That's good, right? It is except that I'm still not done the body work. But swapping on a different door and fender on the driver's side got the door to close so much better. And the contrasting colors and stripes garnered me the Rough and Ready award at Carlisle. :-P 

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Puzzle pieces.

Oops, this post from 2015 didn't publish at the time. 

I got in a good 14 hours of work on Hanky this weekend. We're getting close to putting the big pieces on. 

I patched the bottom or the B pillar, tacked in the inner, mocked up the outer and end cap, then welded in the inner, tacking it to the B pillar and wheel arch. Then did nearly all the finish welds to the arch patch, welded the end cap to the outer quarter and the inner to the floor forward of the wheel well. Also drilled the lip of the inner for the plugs welds to the outer. Same for the rear flange to weld to the end cap. I might put some bolts in there to make it easier to get in place and snug up tight. 

I ended the day by seam sealing the wheel arch filler that I made and por15ing the wheel arch and some other miscellaneous spots, including the underside of the lip of the top that's hanging over my head. 

The wheel arch filler fits the outer quarter perfectly, but not the wheel arch patch, which changed shape a bit when I welded it in. I think I can make it work. I might have to make a relief cut to reduce the radius.  That shouldn't be a big deal. 

Running time 101 hours.