Once the bolts were out, I dropped the bottom half and cut another half inch off the shackles. Jacked it back in place, bolted it in and it looks much better. I need to get one more bolt for the front, but otherwise it's all tightened up, including putting the bumper back on.
Once that was done, I took a break to watch the Skins get their butts kicked for a bit, then came back out to bolt down the top. Got the header screws in and just one bolt on each side of the bed, but that's good enough for now.
That done, I thought I might have enough time to change the broken glass in the hatch. In retrospect, I should have taken the hatch off, but I thought I might be able to get it off without shattering the thing to pieces. Mind you, it was already shattered, but holding in place. I put tape on both sides and tried to work the rubber free. Well, the glass wanted to come apart anyways and showered me with little ice cubes. After sharing them out of my sleeves, I spent the next half hour sweeping up the glass.
I would have had enough light to put in the new glass, except when I pulled the rubber off the hatch it revealed a bunch of rust holes. Gonna have to fix
That before I do anything else. Hope I can get it done before it rains.