Sunday, January 25, 2009


Today I was able to tack in the inner rocker. I decided it was better to get the inner in place first so I could line up the metal I need to replace at the B pillar. I clamped on the outer to line it up with the door. I think I got it in pretty well, with a little wiggle room for some fine tuning.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Progress at Last

I actually made it into the garage today and welded the new rocker to the salvaged front rocker extension. Didn't turn out half bad. I still need practice, but my weld held up to the 'stand on it and pray' test. I also POR-15ed the untreated portion of the rockers and cut some test pieces to fill some gaps in the mid body mount.

I also (finally) applied heat to the shrink tubing to finish off my "Ray Cass special" 0-gauge battery cables. If you don't have a pair, you should. These things are stout and virtually corrosion-proof.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009