Monday, August 25, 2008

Radiant

Oh by the way, I didn't read much about having to relocate the radiator or modifying the hoses for a 2" body lift on the BB, but I couldn't lift it far enough with the radiator in the stock location, with stock hoses intact. I decided to unbolt it and let it sit supported only by the hoses for now. When I put the new front inners on, I will tap them with new bolt holes rather than noodling with the hoses. Six of one, half dozen of the other, I figure, and the radiator in the stock position relative to the frame seems equally as protected as before. The only bugger may be the overflow outlet on the filler neck. Mine is busted anyway, but I might need to notch the inner for it. I'm thinking just cut and flip a small section and run the hose through the inner. I'm running an electric fan, so fan/shroud issues were never a concern.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

IIRC, with the body lifts you have to convert the steering "rag joint" to a Borgeson joint too. Even if not technically necessary it is probably a good idea to do so anyway. Having spent two afternoons stopped on the trail while someone else fixes a rag joint I vowed never to let that happen to me. (Also: I keep a rag joint repair kit with my spares -- for the OTHER people in my wheeling party.)

Evil Mr. Clean said...

Yup, I have a borgeson sitting on the bench waiting to go in.