Thursday, August 21, 2008

When it rains, it PORs

Broke out the POR-15 last night. Had an hour to kill before dinner, so I got some of the new sheet metal out, cleaned it with Marine Clean, then etched it with Metal Ready and then gave it a coat of POR-15 semi gloss black. Love the stuff. Well, except for the spots I have on my arm, 'cuz I didn't wear a long sleeved shirt. I got the inside of the outer and inner rockers, the inside of the quarter patch the triangle brace and the front wedge. I think I'll put soem seam sealer on the wedge, too, over the seams in it, just as an extra measure. I don't want to be doing this again in five years. I plan to get everything mocked up and marked, then spot weld the outer to the inner before I weld in the section, so I can put in seam sealer and a layer of bed coating on the inside.

Still have a few more pieces to cut and prep, but we're getting closer. Hopefully, I can break out the welder this weekend. the question now is whether I should go ahead and put the 2" body lift in now, before I weld in the rockers, so I'm lining it up with the final set up. Hmmm.

No comments: