Monday, September 1, 2008

Mr. Hanky? No, Big Red

Since Hanky isn't going to Nats, I figured I better get to work on cleaning up Big Red. So, today I reinstalled the transfer case shifter and got the shifter boot mostly screwed back on. What a pain trying to locate the screw holes through a new floor mat.

I also located two more wasp nests while I was at it. One in the A pillar right under the upper door hinge. Found that one when a wasp flew out past my head. Another was under the passenger rear fender well. I'll bet there is at least one more in there somewhere. Ray must live in primo wasp country. I don't think I've ever seen this many nests in one truck (including the nearly 10 that we found when we picked up the truck.

The under side of the truck could use a good cleaning. While under there, I also noticed that the driver's side fuel line is a little closer to the tail pipe than I would like. I'll see if I can't get it mounted a little higher and wrap it with some dynamat or something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just knew there were more wasps hiding somewhere in Big Red. Yeah, I'm paranoid about them due to my phobia, but I honestly have never seen quite that many on one vehicle. Hopefully they don't decide to infest your yard!

I think Ray's area has so many wasps because of the nearby farms. Lots of nectar from flowering plants as well as the flies, grubs and other insects paper wasps eat. In short, farm country is wasp country. :)