Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lift it up

Got the lift in today and had a few issues. First is that four of the bolts are too short. For the four rear mounts, they need to be an inch longer. Anyone else have this problem?

Also, the rearmost and front most on the passenger side are also out of alignment, just like the left center front - out about a 1/4 inch to the driver's side. Looks like I'm going to have to figure out how to shift the whole deal a touch.

I did find that a 2"-1.5" washer reducer for electrical conduit is a perfect fit between the bushing and lift block. You can see the alignment problem (compare the distance between the valance and frame in each side) and the washer in these pics:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never put a body lift in, believe it or not. I am guessing though that getting things to line back up is going to require one person working a large lever (e.g., 2x4 or pipe) and another person lining the mount up with a drift of some sort. I imagine one could do it alone with some ingenuity (and that you are more than capable) but having another set of hands around would be a plus. If you want me to come over at some point just say the word.

As for the bolt length, there's a reason I have McMaster-Carr bookmarked in my browser for easy ordering...

Evil Mr. Clean said...

I may well need an extra set of hands. Brian, my neighbor may lend a hand too. He's considering a lift on his too and labor is a good trade, plus seeing one done helps a lot.