Sunday, August 17, 2008

Meet Miss Alignment

Got a bit done this weekend. Mocked up several pieces for the B pillar and center body mount, to go behind the new rocker. Put the door back on and started mocking up the placement of the rocker and, doh! It doesn't line up right. Hmmmm. Started a thread on this on the BB to see if anyone else has run into this or if I'm on my own:
http://www.binderbulletin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=82793

Progress is slow, doesn't look very promising to get done in time to take Hanky to the Nats. :-( I may have to suck it up and take Big Red and fork over the extra money that 50% lower gas mileage will cost me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw your BB thread. Jeff Jamison beat me to it; I was going to say the exact same thing. The repro rockers need a good bit of fiddling to make them line up right, and even then they are not perfect reproductions. They're still better than I could bend on brake, though.

I realize Nats is really close but I think once the rockers go in you'll be surprised how fast it all comes together. Don't give up yet! :)

Evil Mr. Clean said...

Yeah, it's what I need to do to get the rockers in is the problem and going to take more time. Still need to reconstruct the B pillar/dogleg and get the front rocker extension/dogleg in. Then the front body mount. Doesn't help that I have a total of three weekend days of work. I think that once I finish the prep work and get the pieces cut, it will go together quickly. I just don't want to rush it and half ass it any more than I already am. :-)