Friday, October 29, 2010

Pinelands Hangover

No, not from drinking, from having so much fun! It's taken me almost a week to get myself together to write up a post. Pics are getting posted to the TDFW Facebook page and I have both Neil and Dennis' video, so I'm actually prepared to make up a new movie. It'll be done before the Fall '09 and Spring '10 videos for sure.

But, I have to share one as a sneak preview. I spent a good part of our time at Mt. Misery pit rumbling around in Heavy D just letting it idle in 4 low and first gear. Never stalled, even going up Driveshaft Hill. Much torque in that beast. I might have to put it on the dyno at Carlisle one of these years.

Anyway, at the next pit, I decided to put Heavy D on auto-pilot. I'll let the video speak for itself:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great video. I used to do the same thing with my old Scout 800A with the 196 4 cylinder engine. Low gear, low range, it would idle up just about any grade without stalling. Wish I had it back.

cromulent said...

My father doesn't like my IH trucks but even he liked your video of Heavy D. :D

Bill Dugan said...

That's cute! HD looks like a big puppy following you to school.