Tuesday, October 19, 2010

No Fire, No Life

For those of you who took place in our poll. No one voted with the correct answer, which is:

Are you kidding? There's more to do than time to do it.


Seeing as how I haven't even attempted to start the beast, I think it very unlikely that Hanky will make it to Pinelands. Again. It's ready to start, mind you. I could give it a whirl tonight... and still might. But there is also the small issue of closing up that hole in the firewall and reassembling the truck (if you recall, the tailgate is the only piece of sheet metal still attached to the tub).

I had thoughts of massive amounts of duct tape to make due, but even if I do get it back together, I have no time to shake out the cobwebs and really make sure it's running well. Not a pleasant prospect when I have a 3 hour drive to Pinelands. Stress I don't need.

So, looks like Heavy D will get pressed into service again. Limits some of what I'll do with it. Not going to thrash it as hard as I would Hanky and it won't fit some of the places the Scout can go. It'll cost me about 50% more in gas and take 45 minutes longer in Heavy D too, but oh well, ce la vie. At least that will make getting the Traveler top to Jon easier.

Which reminds me, I need to make a run to the shop to pick that sucker up, along with my mud tires, so Jon can mount 'em for me. Need to put on a new header gasket too. Maybe I'll do that tonight.

Hanky will have to have it's new plant debut in the spring. That will give me time to put the locker in anyway.

No comments: