Thursday, October 7, 2010

One in the Trans, Two in the Bush


Yesterday I picked up the new bushing(s) for the trans. I figured I ought to get two since I boogered up the first. Threw 'em in the freezer and got my grip together while they chilled.

After fussing around with it and making a run to Home Despot and AutoStone, I finally came up with a way to get the thing in. The bushing is the same size as a 1 7/8" exhaust pipe and fits neatly inside a 2" OD/2 1/4" ID adapter. Slipped it on and banged it in. Then tapped in the oil seal. So, I have an extra pump bushing if anyone needs one.

Tonight I swapped in a transfer mount that's marginally better than the old one, put the starter on and reinstalled the flex plate.

Little by little.

Location : 6228 Dawn Day Dr, Columbia, MD 21045,

No comments: