Sunday, July 27, 2008

Inching closer

Yes, I did get to work on the Scout for a few hours on Saturday. Got the rest of the rusty metal cut off of the bottom of the A-pillar and then cut the 'new' rocker/dogleg to match and did a test fit. Not half bad. I'm going to POR-15 all around the area, then tack weld the rocker in place, then weld in the inner panel. Then I'll move to B-pillar where the reconstruction really begins.

Also did a little buffing on the new truck to give it a little bit of a shine. It looks good from 10 feet, but the paint isn't perfect.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big Red looks a lot better than last time I saw 'im. It's amazing what a little buffing and wax will do. I'm sure your neighbors appreciate your efforts too. :)

I'm in Mississippi this week. So far I have seen three Scouts. Unfortunately I am with my family so I cannot stop and inquire about them; while they condone my obsession they do not encourage it in the least. Next time I drive down here I am not leaving my truck to sit in Chattanooga; what's the point of going south if you can't get out and look for old IH iron?! ?LOL

Good luck with the B pillar!

bonnie said...

Hi! So you bought Big Red!!! So which one will we see at Nats??? Mr. Hanky or Big Red?? My vote---Mr. Hanky then I get to ride without the 2x4 under the sheetmetal--yeah!!!! or if not Nats maybe pinelands??? Great to see the work update on Mr. Hanky and another IHer helping on the project and transportation helper too. How was your vacation??? Hope you guys have a great week. Off to San Fran on Thursday for commissioning on Monday.

Evil Mr. Clean said...

Given that Hanky gets 50% better gas mileage than Big Red, it's a fair bet that Hanky will be the truck of choice for Nats. I better pick up the pace on the work, though!