Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sand hurts

Wow, I actually got down and dirty this weekend, literally. I pulled the Scout out of the garage on Saturday and blasted all the to be welded areas around the B-pillar and the seams in the rear wheel well. Went pretty well, but with only about a quart of dry sand, I had to keep gathering and reloading.

This morning, the sand I put out to dry was, well, dry, so I had at it again, blasting the A-pillar that Alan dropped off last night (along with the other sheet metal and exhaust parts that we scavnged off his parts rig). That A-pillar with inner and outer rockers looks pretty good now. Just need to decide how much of it I am going to use and graft to the new metal.

Starting to look like I'm making some progress. Gives me some energy to continue. Maybe I'll finish by Nats after all! (holding your breath?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Progress generates momentum -- a gearhead in motion tends to stay in motion. Glad I could contribute to the project, however slightly. :)