Sunday, April 25, 2010

Staying on the Straight and Narrow

Got some garage time today. Installed the Steer Straight brace. That was like 15 minutes, so had to find something else to use up my day. Ended up adjusting the alignment of the driver's side door. Much better now, although it still sounds like a tin can when you shut it. Will have to sound deaden the new doors before they go on. Also wire brushed the front and rear frame crossmembers so the hitch and bumpers can go on. I ended up POR-15-ing the rear and primed and painted the front with Krylon Rust Tough. Just because I could.

Also bought two gallons of Evap-o-Rust and put 'em both in a 5 gallon pale and dropped in the AC/Alternator bracketry, a R-series radio delete, and a few other small pieces. I'll leave 'em in 'til tomorrow and see how they look.

Pulled off the front shocks, too. The new ones and the shackles should be here tomorrow. If I had been thinking, I would have asked Jeff to put a couple of thrust washers in with my order. Doh! [editor's note: He didn't have them anyway.]

Despite this progress, my to-do list stands at 56 (and that's not including the paint prep 'cuz it's so far off). My 'Gotta get done before Pinelands' list is at 19. Tick, tick, tick.

No comments: