Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Shocking

This weekend I got all my lights working properly. No more getting the bird flown at me by people who don't understand old school hand signals when I am turning. I also determined that the intermittent wiper module that I have won't work on my set up. Apparently Scouts used two different types of motors and mine is the wrong one for this aftermarket piece. Good thing it was free.

Yesterday I got my shocks, shackles and springs ordered. Should be here next week.

Now I am debating whether to move up the Aussie installation or concentrated on some of the other little things that need doin before Pinelands. Methinks that best bet is to get all mechanical and maintenance things taken care of first. Better to have a good, safe running Scout with an open rear on the trail than a locker that breaks down.

2 comments:

cromulent said...

I have to redo the turn & brake wiring on Kemosabe before pineys. Also I have wiper motor/linkage issues on Cammy, who also needs spring bushing & shackle work. Seems like we're in sync w/r/t brokenness of our Scouts. LOL

Oh, and since don't need that (free!) intermittent module I'll happily take it off your hands. Between my Scouts I would bet ONE of them has a motor that would work with it. That and I still have to get you your ODBA T-shirt. Sounds like we need to have a hostage exchange and/or workday soon. :)

Evil Mr. Clean said...

OK, deal. If I can't find a way to make this module work, it's yours. I also need to schedule a work day at Mom's place to tear down #3 and clean out the shop. Beer and ribs included!