Monday, April 12, 2010

Have You Grown?

Why yes, I have. 3.5" to be exact since Friday.

Got that pesky spring cut off on Sunday morning and finished up putting the lift springs on and rolled her out of the shop. Put in brake line extensions in the front. Found that a section of heater hose with a bit cut out of the diameter works very sell as a bushing for the line going through the original mounting point. Snug as a bug in a rug.

Didn't do a good job of bleeding the brakes, kinda ran out of fluid. No worries, ran down to Advance and picked up some new stuff and did a total flush/bleed. Now the brakes are nice and tight. Now just need to get and install some extended shackles in the front and get some shocks installed. I hear that Rancho has a nice rebate going. Ran it around yesterday and today without the shocks to see how it feels and it rides pretty darned nice. The springs are pretty stiff, but that's ok with me. I don't think I'll need a lot of shock to dampen them.



Once I got the springs done, I put on the new bikini. Wasn't sure how I'd like the white, but I think it's growing on me. We'll see how color fast it is vs. Pinelands mud.

2 comments:

Bill Dugan said...

I like it! Every Scout should have the top off, at least once. The new springs look great too.

Unknown said...

Overheard a conversation between friends at the store. A husband and wife asked another man what he used to clean the convertible top on his Corvette. Knowing that they were expecting something somewhat profound, his rather sheepish reply was bleach.