Saturday, April 10, 2010

3, 2, 1, Lifto... Aw Crap

Had some free time on Friday, so figured I'd see if I couldn't get the lift springs installed, or at least well on their way (4" Rough Country). Got the rears in and the extended brake hose hooked up. Piece of cake.

So this morning, once I rolled out of bed when the sun was high and warm, I got back at it. The driver's side front went on no problem. The passenger side went fine until... what is it they say about that last bolt? Yeah, well the rear spring bolt is frozen to the bushing sleeve. To make matters worse, the bushing spins in the spring eye. Tried every fashion of removal I could think of to no avail. So, tomorrow morning, I'll cut the bolt out. Should be enough clearance to get the glade of the circular air cut off tool in there.

Hopefully tomorrow, I'll be riding high(er). 4" to be exact.

No comments: