Thursday, December 1, 2011

Free Like a Baby, not a Beer






So, like I said, these bargain tires I got are gonna cost me a fair bit more if I'm going to be able to use them. Tried putting them on today just for kicks to see how they would look just sitting still. Fronts fit great and look really good. The rears are, well, tight. I jacked from the bumper, so even with the axle unsprung, there was only about 1/2" clearance between the tire and the front edge of the quarter. If I lowered it, it would have pinched the tire. Looks pretty cool though. It actually looks like it would interfere even with a significant amount of additional lift. Check out the pics. The last one is the 32" tire next to the new 35". By the way, the front tires are Dick Cepek MTS and the rears are BFG Mud Terrains. The look darned near new, but are definitely used a bit.

4 comments:

Mr. Scout said...

Could you cut the fenders and save yourself some cash?

Evil Mr. Clean said...

Yep, that's always an option! I have most of the driver's side cut up anyway, so would only really be buthering the repair I did to the passenger side.

cromulent said...

Or you could punt those tires over to me for Kemosabe. They'd fit without rubbing, I'm pretty sure. :D

Evil Mr. Clean said...

That is also an option that I'll keep in mind...