Sunday, March 14, 2010

...and yet I buy more

Well, in my defense, KB really needed help getting rid of some of his stuff... and he needed help doing some moving and cleaning at his house so he can get it on the market. So I figure, I can help him out and pick up some parts at the same time. Makes perfect sense to me. That is until the wife reminds me that there are plenty of projects to be done around here too. Doh!

Anyway, I picked up a front skid plate for BH and for myself a mid skid plate, drag link, alternator and uh, what else. Oh, right, a step bumper to replace the one that tried to take on a tree last month (and lost). Also too a run out to Mom's place to drop the plow and pick up her recycling.

Gotta remember to bolt up that driver's side front shock - not that I notice a discernible difference when I drive. Might as well make a list of projects to tackle - there are plenty. Hopefully, I can get a lot of them done before Pinelands.

While at Mom's I made a failed attempt at moving the Speester into the barn. It didn't want to go. The rear wheels are locked up. I assume the brake pads are frozen to the drums. I'll tackle that another (sunnier, warmer) day. Poor car has been neglected for far too long. Mice have been in it despite my efforts to thwart them. Hopefully they haven't done too much damage.

1 comment:

cromulent said...

Both of my Scouts sit idle. I have a shop full of merchandise to sell or scrap. I'm woefully behind on work for my business. So, what do I do?

1) Last weekend Jason and I drove down to VA and picked up a distributor machine and an engine analyzer (i.e., two big honking machines I didn't really need that take up lots of space);

2) I spent the afternoon into the evening with KB on Saturday cleaning and moving stuff around too & also picked up more parts I didn't really need (well, and some that I did need too); and,

3) spent Sunday afternoon with Stu S. working in his shop and on his Scouts.

D'Oh! >.<

Sorry to hear the Speedster is showing signs of neglect. When the weather warms up I am sure you'll give it some much needed attention. In the meantime throw in some mouse baits -- them pesky meeces make a terrible smell. o_O