Sunday, March 21, 2010

6 down, 40 to go

So I sat down this week to make a list of things to do on Hanky. After 5 minutes, I stopped at 46 things. Boy, I've a lot of work to do.

Yesterday was so nice, I figured I needed to make time to get some stuff done on the trucks. The first order of business was to check out the brakes on Heavy D. Sure enough, the pads were worn right down to the rivets. Took a ride over to Napa, ordered some pads, picked 'em up a while later and voila, good as new. Well, almost, I still need to flush and bleed the lines.

I also helped Brian H put the front skid plate on his Scout. had to do a quick Google search to find a pic of a truck with one installed to see where the mounting points were, but once we had that, a little grinding for clearance and it went on slick as you please.

Did manage to get some of the to-dos done on Hanky. Put away the high lift, re-attached the loose front shock, doubled the heater hose back on itself (until I can replace the core), removed the plow wiring, put on a new distributor cap, and removed the rear bumper.

Of course, in the process, I thought of at least six more things to add to the list, so I'm no closer to finishing the list than when I started (of course, I fully expect that the list will be perpetually self regenerating). I also noticed how bad my driver's side wheel arch and quarter are. A brighter individual would be hunting for a new tub right about now. But, I figure I still need more welding practice and there are some custom mods I want to try on this one.

Another nice day today. Maybe I can knock out a few more in between stints doing yard work...

1 comment:

cromulent said...

I have more heater cores than I can ever imagine selling. I also have many tasty bumpers. There, I can knock two things off your list without even trying! :)

Seriously though, I'm starting to rock & roll on stuff here. Nothing blogworthy as of yet but keep your eyes peeled. Warm weather brings me back to life about this time every year.