Sunday, December 2, 2012

Pinelands. A few weeks late

With the help of Allan and Brian, I was able to get the new '80 front axle rebuilt and installed the night before Pinelands. Got the F250 from my bro and my trailer from mom's, loaded it up and off I went on Friday morning. Aside from a tire blowout at the Harbor Tunnel toll, it towed great.

Hanky performed great on the trail. The new locker and front did great. Unstoppable. Got just a wee bit muddy, but that's the goal, right?!

However, when I got it home, I didn't want to start. Had to prime the carb to get it to fire and run long enough to get it off the trailer and parked. Still haven't gotten into it any more. I changed the fuel filter and washed the engine to get the mud out of the plug wells. Sooner or later I'll have some time to really mess with it.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tire blowout? On the trailer or the tow rig? Either way what a PITA. Good thing it didn't happen in the tunnel though.

Glad the axle performed as hoped for. I was out of practice but it felt good going through all the motions again. Not exactly "fun" work but definitely rewarding. :)