Monday, December 31, 2012

Frustration Factor

Spent a few hours with Hanky yesterday. Ever since Pinelands, it won't run. Barely got it off the trailer and into the driveway. Had to prime the carb just to get it to fire and run long enough to move it 10 feet.

Not much has changed. Still wont idle. Sound like it is running on 4 cylinders. I suspected a vacuum leak because I found a unattached hose under the hood, but thee was no place on the carb to plug it, so I just plugged the end. No change.

So yesterday I pulled 5 plugs they all looked good other than being wet. Could get it to run if I set the idle super high. Now I'm thinking maybe diet in the idle circuit. Which means I will have to pull the carb. Gah. Not what I really want to do. I also need to time it once it get it to run a little.

Oh, and there is a short somewhere cuz the battery keeps going dead. One more thing I don't have time for. Hopefully I can get it sorted out by Spring Pinelands. But at this rate, that's questionable.

No comments: