Monday, February 20, 2012

Crispy or Regular?

Remember when I let the smoke out of my dash wiring on the trail a few years back? Well, at the time I couldn't find any seriously burnt wires. I must not have looked very hard. After exposing innards of the dash during my gauge installation, I found one of the taillight wires totally fried from the switch to the bulkhead and from the firewall side of the bulkhead down about three feet. The mud and the loom hid it until I really looked.

So, I need to fix that before I move on with the gauges. Yesterday and today I spent replacing the plug on the engine side and splicing it into the rear harness. All good. that's done. Now I need to pull the bulkhead connector from the cabin side and replace that whole length of wire. That's going to be fun.

No comments: