Thursday, September 23, 2010

Little By Little

Spent, oh, about a half an hour in the garage this evening. Changed the filter and buttoned up the pan on the trans. Fitted my easy-vent and got that sealed. We'll see how that works. I just couldn't bring myself to tear into the trans. I need to get this thing back on the road. I'll rebuild the spare for when this one goes bad. But really, why should it? Have a new pump seal and bushing on order. Won't be in until Monday. Also ordered a mess of other crap from RockAuto, including u-joints. Gonna swap out all four. Need to make a run to the car store again to get freeze plugs for the 345. That might be this weekend's project.

Oh, and I found out today that JL made two versions of the yellow scout with no top. Found a guy who has two of the kind I don't have, so they will be on their way soon. With that I'll have two of every one out so far.  Word has it that the new one will be out on Oct 4. There will be a White Lightning version with a white engine and WL logo under the hood. But, they are being sneaky and packaging it with the hood closed, so you can't see without opening it. You betcha I'll have my magnifying glass out trying to see when I run across one. :-)

No comments: