Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Take it all off...

So, now that I've decided to swap out the engine (thank you Dennis for offering up the 345 from Dirt Devil - that will reunite it with the axles), I decided it was also a good time to swap out all the front sheet metal, windshield frame and doors. In for a penny, in for a pound, as they say.

So last night I had a few moments while dinner was simmering, so I pulled the hood grill and bumper to get the ball rolling. Next comes the radiator, then inner and outer fenders. Then the top and windshield frame. Should be quite a sight when it's apart. Can't wait to see what surprises await me.

3 comments:

cromulent said...

Dirt Devil's 345 was a really good runner if I recall correctly. Congrats on scoring a good replacement mill!

Not much moving or shaking over here. I did get some really nice doors in today though -- complete trim in & out, glass, hinges and all. Dunno if you're in the market but they are pretty darn nice... :)

Evil Mr. Clean said...

I have a nice set of doors I got from Erik Foor, so I'm all set in that department. Thanks though.

cromulent said...

Good, glad to hear it. Maybe I'll put this set on P.O.S.S. and replace the holey doors with their crappy lock mechanisms. I can use the scrap money from the rusty ones for sure. :)