Monday, September 7, 2009

Ready for launch

Just about ready to head to Nats. Yesterday, I took the top off (using new top hanging system in the garage), installed the passenger seat and seatbelt, swapped alternators, got the steering wheel almost straight (almost), washed out the bed and wheels, put the steering column collar back on and screwed down the dash face, reinstalled the antenna in the fender, went for a drive.

Today I topped off the gas, put the top back on, put on the new seat covers, vacuumed out the interior and the speaker boxes, no-ox'ed the battery terminals, packed up tools and fluids, and even tried Alan's Wax-oyl rust proofing. I think I'll need to heat it a but cuz it was pretty thick and wouldn't spray. It more or less oozed. ;-)

Still need to drill the floor and install the console and fiddle with the license plate light socket that doesn't want too stay lit.

There is probably something else I need to do that I'm forgetting, but I need a break. Time to lay down and watch the US Open for a while.

No comments: