Monday, July 20, 2009

Welcome the Borg

Had a few minutes to spare on Sunday night, so I figured I'd try to get the Borgeson installed. I had heard that it helped to unbolt the steering box, but found that wasn't necessary at all. All I did was unbolt the steering column at the dash and pull it in as far as it would go easily (less than an inch). Then slipped the upper joint onto the column as far as it would go, past it's stop. I figured that I would need about inch of clearance to get the intermediate shaft into the joints and this was more than enough. I slipped it on just as easy as you please, tightened everything up and it's ready to go. Took less than half an hour. So, with the time I still had I refilled the radiator. Should be ready to drive now if needed. I hope to finish up the welding this weekend. Woohoo! Getting close!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not far behind you now, believe it or not. Just did a work night here and the cooling system is back together, the engine is full of oil, the ignition and starting systems are back together too. I even installed a remote solenoid tonight. We should be up and running by the weekend! :)