Saturday, July 11, 2009

Dislocated U-Joints

Had big plans to install the Borgeson today. Had the upper u-joint removed and the retaining bolt on the rag joint. Slipped the rag off no problem, just a few taps with a hammer on a pry bar and voila. The upper borgeson slipped on equally as easily. Then came the lower. Turns out that I have one of them thar 13/16" 36 spline steering shafts and my borgeson is a 3/4" 30. Oops. Like 80% of all Scouts have the 3/4" 30, but no, not mine. That's what I get for buying the kit second hand years before I plan to install it. Found the right one on eBay for $71 delivered, so it's on its way.

Anyone need a 3/4" 30? The price will be right.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh! Pick me! Pick me! :D

Evil Mr. Clean said...

I'm open to trades too!

Anonymous said...

Trades you say? Even better! Email me a wish list and we'll make a deal. I have some tasty bucket seat bases...

Evil Mr. Clean said...

I need to refresh my wish list. I think my seat bases are ok. Will let you know.