Sunday, April 6, 2014

Testing the fit and visiting Gigi

I figured I'd spend pretty much all day in the garage today, but not long after getting out there, I got a call from Brandon Byrd saying he was heading out to Glenwood to pick up Gigi. I've been wanting to check out his truck, so off I went. 

There's no mistaking a big blue and white Metro, so the shop was easy to find. Gigi looks just as good in person as in Brandon's pics. 

And with a new 350 under the hood, it will go like a bat out of hell too. It sounds totally awesome, as a hot rod should. Brandon took it easy and didn't burn any rubber on his way out. I got one parting shot as I turned off to head home


Back at the shop, I did a little more cutting and grinding. I'm finding that I'm having to cut out a lot, if not all of the previous repair. Not necessarily a bad thing. 

The new mount fits in pretty well and the b pillar bolts up well. I still need to rebuild the bottom of the b pillar. I'll cut and fit some templates while I have it bolted together like this. Nice to see it come together, but there is a lot of work to be done before Pinelands.



Oh, and the battery is totally dead. Gonna have to chase down the short that's draining it. Hopefully the battery isn't permanently dead. It's on the charger now, so we'll see in the morning. 

Labor to date: 39 hrs. 

No comments: