Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Haul Me, Haul You

Agreed to terms on a car trailer today. Not a bad unit. 16' wood deck, new tires, rear axle, brakes and backing plates, wiring and LED lights. 10k winch, diamond plate tool box. May pick it up on Saturday.

Have also been working on those gauges bit by bit. Today I plumbed the oil pressure line (but realized that I don't have the compression fitting for the block, grr). Also plumbed the vacuum gauge and tachometer. I still need to wire the tach illumination and fuel gauge. Then calibrate the tach, hook up the speedo and bolt it in and see how it all works.

2 comments:

cromulent said...

Sweet trailer, great price too. I can already foresee parts rigs showing up at my shop again. LOL

I wish you lived a little closer. I almost certainly have the fitting you need in my pile of brass, but at today's gas prices it doesn't make sense to drive here for a $2 part. *sigh*

Evil Mr. Clean said...

I'll let you know if I can't find it at my local shops.