Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Truck Named Spot

I think I recently said "It's nice having a Scout that doesn't leak all over for once." No knock on wood. No salt over the shoulder. No rabbit's foot or four leaf clover in my pocket. My bad, 'cuz now Hanky is leaking PS fluid all over my driveway. Add it to the list


On the plus side, I got a rebuild kit for the thermoquad. Took the carb off and cracked it open. It is amazingly clean in side. There is a little sediment in there, which I think is my problem. I'm tempted just to clean it out and put it back together to see how it does. The other half of my brain says go ahead and rebuild it while it's apart. Of course, that logic led me to replace the bushing and seal in my last transmission and you saw what that got me.

1 comment:

cromulent said...

A Scout can't stay leak-free for long. It's just in their nature! At least the inner fender area is getting some incidental rustproofing. :)