Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Can't Live Without Water

OK, so I think that I fixed the leaky transfer case. Seems I forgot to put one of the bolts back in. Doh! Yeah, how did I manage to do that?

Anyway, took it for a ride to the bank over the weekend and when I get home I see that I'm leaving a trail of water wherever I go. Seems that the water pump didn't survive the 2 year hiatus as well as the rest of the engine. Good thin I have spares. Took the opportunity to wire brush and repaint the pulleys, since I needed to swap them anyway. Now hanky is tightened back up. The only drip now is a little drip from the transmission (why did I listen when the BP intelligencia said replace the input seal?). I think I can live with it.

It's still a bit finicky. I might need to put a kit in that carb after all. At least it's out of the garage now.

No comments: