Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Speaking Too Soon

Did I say the radiator looked like it survived the trip? Yeah, well when I filled it with juice it promptly puked it back out from not one, not two, but three places in the core. Now, whether this happened in transit or I was sold a defective radiator, I'll never know. Caveat Emptor. Back to square one. Might just have to take the original radiator up to Courtney's Radiator to have him fix it right.

After that disappointment, I turned my attention back to Hanky. I got the passenger side inner fender hung with a little persuasion. Also cut some metal to scab into the firewall/floor seam on the passenger side. Once that is done, I can put the other inner back on.

The only other bodywork to do is to clean up the windshield frame and the grill and put it all back together. Then I'm ready to roll.

Well almost. I still need to get a tailgate hinge pin from Allan to replace the one that I gave him to go with the tailgate he sold.

...and I need to trace and fix that leak from the transfer case. Something tells me I am going to have to put it apart again.

3 comments:

Bill Dugan said...

RE: The tailgate hinge pin–are you talking about the 2 posts bolted to the rear fenders or a pin on the tailgate itself? If you want to save yourself a trip to Allan's, I've got a spare tailgate you can pull parts from. (I don't have the posts, but everything else on the tailgate is intact).

cromulent said...

@ Bill: Yes, it's one of those two posts in the corners bolted to the fenders. Sounds like I better get a replacement up to him soon so Hanky can be driven again. :)

Evil Mr. Clean said...

Worst case, I'll just take the whole gate off. It's not like it has any other exterior panels on it at the moment.