Monday, February 8, 2010

Ah, That's More Like It

With the help of Brian H, we swapped out the fuel filter, put in new plugs and wires and scraped off some of the slag on the dizzy cap's electrodes. He also spotted what I think was the source for a lot of my trouble. The cap had come off the vacuum port for the A/C on the intake manifold. The cap on the master cylinder reservoir was also open a touch, we think from one of the pressure hoses rubbing on it - could have been the source of much of the fluid on that side of the engine. So we recapped the vacuum port, moved the ps pressure line a tinge and fired it up. Vrrrroooooommmmmm. Now that's more like it!

Just in time for this next storm, which they say is bringing 10-20" of more snow. I haven't touched the Crossfire yet. Need to get that dug out tomorrow.

2 comments:

Bill Dugan said...

Your plow is always welcome up here in the 'Ville. I'll pay in beer!

Evil Mr. Clean said...

Looks like I'll be busy with it again in the morning! not sure how I'd plow your place. Probably would have to back in and plow out.