Saturday, January 23, 2010

I've Been Sprung

Got some good Scout time in today. BH and I went over to BD's place with the intent to then go over to KB's place to check out his liquidation sale. While we killed time before heading from B to K, we got started on replacing the thermostat in Peer Pressure. The old one looked good, but wasn't the Robert Shaw style, so a replacement was in order in any case. We needed RTV, so went and got that, then headed over to K's place. He's more stuff than I thought. Might have to make a return trip, but he offered a set of Rough Country 4" springs and a set of new plug wires for a price I couldn't pass up. Hanky's gonna have a new lift! BD score seat bases and a dash pad for a ridiculous price and BH scored a hitch and a Borgeson joint. Might have to make a return trip!

Once loaded, we headed back to finish putting Peer Pressure back together, which we did in no time flat. Check that one off the to-do list. Now to get that fan shroud mounted up.

Nice to help on other people's truck, but one of these days, I'll have to spend some wench time on Hanky. :-)

2 comments:

cromulent said...

CB or KB? If it is KB then I know you scored some good deals. He's a motivated seller these days. I just got an email from a guy asking about his tub -- he may be Scoutless in very short order.

I know how you feel about Hanky. Kemosabe is wanting for wrenching too. I renewed the tags last week though so now the clock is really ticking on making progress. :)

Evil Mr. Clean said...

Oops, you are correct - KB. Made the correction in the original post.