Monday, November 30, 2009

Lock Me Up

Went to the Aussie Locker site today to check them out again and well, I happened to have my credit card in my pocket... and their checkout is so easy... and, well...

Who wants to help me install an Aussie Locker? Should be here in a week or so.








Also, managed to unload the snow plow blade from Heavy D by myself yesterday. Piece of cake. Diane's first comments where:
"What's that piece of machinery in our driveway?"
"Why, that's the snow plow blade. You know, that thing that's been in the back of the pickup for the last month."
"Uh huh, I don't pay attention to what's in that truck... and how long is it going to stay in the driveway?"
"Just until I get it hooked up to the Scout."
:-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll tell you what- you help me get a water pump/shroud on Peer Pressure, and I'll help you get the locker installed. Not that I know what I'm doing, but I can at least bring beer and fetch tools.

cromulent said...

I bet we could bang that Aussie installation out in a couple hours, no sweat. The directions on the site make it look really easy -- far easier than setting up a new ring & pinion from scratch, for sure. (And the goons over at Pirate 4x4 like 'em so they must be good lockers. :)

Evil Mr. Clean said...

Yeah, the site says 1-2 hours for a rear installation and 3-4 for a front. If this rear goes well, I might have to get the front one as well. I'll let you boys know when it arrives and we can set a work party date. I got a notice that it shipped on Tuesday, so might even be here by the weekend. :-P