Friday, October 9, 2009

Plow on board

Not much to say about Hanky this week. I did manage to clean and paint the valley pan and the underside of the intake manifold. Tomorrow I'll paint the top side and hopefully get it installed and get Hanky back on the road.

Tonight I took Heavy D on a mission to pick up a Meyers power angle plow for the Scout. Carl B. had just what I was looking for and with a little help from his bobcat, we had it loaded up lickety split. I'll probably put it on the Scout some time after Pinelands.

The left front brake on Heavy D has been making noise lately and it got pretty bad tonight. We looked at it and it seems like one of the pistons in the caliper is frozen. Gonna have to check that out, but might not get to it until after Pineys.

I really need to take a trip up to my mother's place to get the mudders off of old #3 this weekend too. All the more reason to get Hanky finished.

2 comments:

cromulent said...

I'm totally going to have plow envy come wintertime. I sold my plow Scout to Dan G. before I even got a chance to try it out. If it snows I may have to bribe you to visit so I can try it on my parking lot here at the office -- if only to get the curiosity out of my system.

Evil Mr. Clean said...

oh, yeah. Mr. Hanky will be up for plow missions.