Saturday, January 17, 2009

Progress at Last

I actually made it into the garage today and welded the new rocker to the salvaged front rocker extension. Didn't turn out half bad. I still need practice, but my weld held up to the 'stand on it and pray' test. I also POR-15ed the untreated portion of the rockers and cut some test pieces to fill some gaps in the mid body mount.

I also (finally) applied heat to the shrink tubing to finish off my "Ray Cass special" 0-gauge battery cables. If you don't have a pair, you should. These things are stout and virtually corrosion-proof.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, now that IS progress. You may very well beat me to getting a rig ready for spring Pineys. Keep up the good work!

By the way though, I did finally reclaim full access to my shop. Kemosabe's rewire starts this week. I'm not out of the running yet. :)

Evil Mr. Clean said...

Ok, game on. Let's see who's rolling out of the garage first!