Sunday, April 27, 2008

More cutting Sunday 4/27/08

Today, I decided to tackle that B-pillar, to see just how bad it is. Yep, it's bad. I'll need to fab up a good bit of the bottom of the pillar and surrounding sheet metal, just so I have something to weld the inner and outer rockers to. I cut out all of the old patch repair and cut out just about all of the rusty metal. There are still some bits up inside the body that I need to get to, but this is a good start. Hopefully, during the week, I can get some time to cut some cardboard mock ups for the metal I'll need to replace. Thankfully, the body mount looks good (inboard at the mount anyway). I also decided that since I have a full floor panel and stringers, I'm going to cut out and replace the entire floor. What's that you say? Why don't I get a new tub and forget all this work? A sane person might go that route, but I've never claimed to be sane. Besides, I need welding practice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you are devoting this much effort to Hanky, I feel really bad for scrapping my latest acquisition. It doesn't need nearly the work that Hanky does.

Speaking of which, you are welcome to come hack off the pillars if you want 'em. The carcass is going to be around for a week or two more, then gone. Just thought I'd offer. :)

-A